- Fantasy makeup opens door to creating characters and characterizations for parties, as the one for carnivals, fantasy photos and magical words: Elves, fairies, and nymphs, playing with sets and accessories.
- In this type of makeup we can imitate an image or create an image inspired by something we want to reflect. Or simply an image with a touch of fantasy, but in abstract form, having no meaning at all.
- A good medium for presenting fantasy makeup is for photography. A beautiful fantasy makeup will be an exaggeration of beauty makeup. Slightly adorned with style and compliments such as drawings, outlines, jewel work, etc. Always try to beautify with a combination of some extraordinary decoration with the usual makeup or artistically done outlining.
- Body makeup (also known as body painting) is fantasy makeup that is done with watercolor. It can be entirely done with watercolors, painting the entire body or combined with more a natural beauty makeup. We can use watercolor over the base of makeup, since there are an infinite amount of different colors, we can mix various color, including blending in with the skin tone
- They way we distribute the color is very important because the intensity and brightness with emphasize the face creating volume and depth. We can do all types of harmonious unities. If we want the colors to take life and stand out more we should use contrasting colors, complimentary colors, without blending (theory of color).
- In the world of beautiful fantasy makeup you can have complete freedom to create with colors and lines, however there may be some guidelines you may have to follow
- When it's time to produce beautiful fantasy makeup we can make a mock-up on paper beforehand, to plan your results. This is where you decide the design and colors you will use. We will apply makeup adapting to the contours of the face. We will not “draw on” the face as if it is a flat one dimensional canvas. We will adapt to the face because it's about applying beauty makeup and we want to beautify the person.
- Since we want to showcase and beautify the face with our makeup, we want to respect its natural form, emphasizing the natural points of light.
- They way we distribute the color is very important because the intensity and brightness with emphasize the face creating volume and depth. We can do all types of harmonious unities. If we want the colors to take life and stand out more we should use contrasting colors, complimentary colors together, but without blending, for then they wouldn't be pure. Complimentary colors are those colors that seem to have nothing to do with eachother. They are very different, so when you place one next to the other, it makes each color stand out even more. This creates a very striking effect that's very indicative of fantasy makeup.
- The outlining of the artwork plays a very important part as well. The curvatures of rounded outlines sweetens the features, exuding sensuality. This is ideal for presenting a feminine face. While on the other hand, straight and sharp lines create a more aggressive and cold.
- Combination of colors also produce sensations. The makeup artist interprets the heart giving it color. Those colors possess their own characters transmitting warmth, coolness, tranquility, happiness, excitement, etc.
- Fantasy beauty makeup is useful in different areas. Mainly spectaculars, theaters, carnivals, costume parties, on Halloween. In all actuality there has been a growth in use in publicity photography and in fashion runways.
- Art and imaginations are words that describe this type of makeup. Find the perfect marriage between beauty and fantasy to display makeup that is the best and has a powerful impact.